Where have all the men gone? Where have all the men gone who are willing to invest in other men? Where are the men willing to lead by example? Where are the men willing to stand in front of the confusing signals of manhood and point to Jesus as the example of true manhood?
REASONS WE NEED A REUP OF MEN
- On an average Sunday in our churches, 63% are female and only 37% male.
- 75% of volunteers in the church today are women
- 62% of Christian men say that sexual lust is their #1 temptation
- Every second of every day $3,000 is being spent on pornography
- 1/3 of men ages 20-30 still live with their parents, a 100% increase in the last 20 years
- The average age of a video game user is 35
- Men ages 18-42 will change jobs 11 times
- Only 5% of Christian men ages 39+ say they have a best friend
- When a couple prays together daily; only 1 of 1,152 marriages will end in divorce
- Only 3% of a church’s congregation are young men ages 18-34
- The out-of-wedlock birthrate is more than 40% in America
- 71% of all high school dropouts are from fatherless homes.
- 63% of teen suicides come from fatherless homes (no male leaders).
- 18-35-year-olds spend more time playing video games a day than 12-17-year-old boys.
It isn’t that we can’t see the solution, it’s that we can’t see the problem.
~ GK Chesterson